Equinor has reportedly awarded a contract to Ocean Installer for subsea tie-back development for the Eirin field offshore Norway.

Under the contract, Ocean Installer will be responsible for the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of structures, flexibles, umbilical, seabed rectification, tie-ins and commissioning for the Eirin field, reported Oil&GasJournal.

The scope of the contract includes design, fabrication and installation of glass reinforced plastic covers and spool.

Furthermore, the contract comes with an optional scope for a new 2.5km flexible flowline from an existing Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM) on the Troll B semi-submersible platform to a new PLEM close to the Kvitebjørn pipeline, reported Offshore Engineer Magazine.

Ocean Installer plans to fabricate a rigid spool for installation between the new PLEM and the Kvitebjørn Hot Tap.

The company plans to complete both the projects by 2025 to bring important gas volumes to the European market.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

Last month, Equinor submitted a plan for development and operation of the Eirin gas field to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.

At that time, Norway’s Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Terje Aasland, said: “Phasing in Eirin is an important part of extending the life of existing infrastructure and delivering more gas to Europe.”

As per the estimates, the field has recoverable reserves of 27.6 million barrels of oil equivalent, most of which is gas.

The Eirin field is due to be developed as a subsea facility tied to the Gina Krog platform in the North Sea.

Planned to be commissioned in 2025, the field is expected to have a development cost of around Nkr4bn ($365m).

Equinor operates the Eirin field with 78.2% stake while Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company owns the remaining 21.8% stake.