Singapore-based Atlantic, Gulf and Pacific Company (AG&P) is in talks to acquire majority stake in Hiranandani Energy (H-Energy) “for a few hundred crores of rupees,” reported Economic Times (ET) citing two industry sources knowledge with the development.

AG&P is in deliberations to acquire 70% stake in H-Energy and one of its subsidiaries while Darshan Hiranandani will own the remaining 30% interest.

The first source was quoted by ET as saying: “AG&P plans to buy 70 per cent in H-Energy and one of its subsidiaries as it is looking to expand its LNG and CNG operations in India.”

Earlier, Hiranandani Energy unveiled plans to build two LNG terminals and a pipeline for end-to-end natural gas solutions.

H-Energy planned to invest $3bn to build the two LNG terminals – one in Jaigarh, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra and the second, a floating LNG import terminal, off Haldia, West Bengal.

However, the plans did not proceed as envisaged due to on-ground and financial challenges.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

H-Energy is expected to develop only two projects. These include the 56km R-LNG pipeline from Jaigarh port to Dabhol which is linked to the national gas grid, and a jetty at Jaigarh Port in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra.

The proposed jetty will be designed to berth a floating storage and regasification unit (FRSU).

In India, AG&P has been looking at LNG terminals on the country’s east and west coasts in order to increase operations by 2024–2025, according to the sources.