UK energy giant bp has selected Subsea Integration Alliance for the Raven Infills project off-coast Egypt.

The contract is for a two-well tieback in the West Nile Delta block.

It covers the engineering, procurement, transport and installation of nearly 6km of flexible pipes, umbilical and associated subsea structures at a depth of some 800m.

Subsea 7 said that project management and engineering are already in progress and will be handled from its locations in France, the UK and Portugal.

The West Nile Delta offshore gas project is operated by bp, which has an 82.75% stake; its partner, Wintershall Dea, owns the remaining 17.25%.

Subsea Integration Alliance CEO Olivier Blaringhem said: “This award further solidifies our ongoing partnership with bp in Egypt. Through our early collaboration on this project, bp and Subsea Integration Alliance have worked together to develop an optimised solution for the Raven field, showcasing our effective teamwork.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

Subsea Integration Alliance is the partnership between Subsea 7 and OneSubsea.

Subsea7 Africa, Middle East & Caspian vice-president Franck Louvety said: “We are excited to strengthen our presence in Egypt and continue to build on our long-standing and successful relationship with bp.

“We look forward to working with bp to deliver the project successfully and safely while maximising the client’s production objectives.”

Earlier this week, the Luxembourg-based company secured a contract of up to $150m from LLOG Exploration Offshore as project manager for the Salamanca development project in the Gulf of Mexico.