The CRD100 is a state-of-the-art, fourth-generation seafloor drill, capable of providing a complete suite of...
The CRD100 is a fourth-generation seafloor drill designed to operate in waters down to 3,000m for geotechnical surveys, mineral exploration and methane gas hydrates sampling.
Designed on proven subsystems from previous projects, the CRD100 provides an unprecedented level of automation that facilitates efficient core sampling and cone penetration testing (CPT) measurements. A wireline tool system further enhances the speed of deep borehole drilling. CPT results are transmitted to the surface in real time, allowing sampling profiles to be optimised as the drill programme progresses.
The tool carousel supports standard commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) size-H tooling, providing 60mm core samples. Custom carousels can be supplied to support mission specific tools up to 160mm outside diameter.
An integrated navigation, maneuvering and landing package allows the drill to be accurately deployed without any need for an external remotely operated vehicle (ROV). A suite of sensors, including a precision depth sensor, altimeters and altitude sensors, provide real-time feedback to the surface operators during the landing of the drill. This is supplemented with landing cameras. Hydraulically adjustable legs allow the drill to be leveled on slopes up to 30°.
During drilling and sampling, a full spread of cameras and sensors provide the operator with information on all of the sub-systems and enables user intervention as required.
- 96m x 1.5m size-H tool capacity
- Capacity to support up to 65m of continuous core sampling (with 12m of casing)
- One cubic metre drilling mud concentrate
- In-stream mud mixing
- 100kN push-and-pull force
- Sampling: wireline / push / piston
- CPT: wireline (10cm² and 15cm²)
- 85HP (hydraulic) HPU
- 3,000m water depth
- Real-time telemetry and control
- Autonomous tool handling
- Maneuvering thrusters
- Leveling legs up to 30° slopes
- Optional navigation suite, including DVL, sidescan sonar and inertial navigation system (INS)
- Deployed size: 2.4m x 3.5m x 5.5m
- Shipping size: 2.4m x 2.4m x 5.5m (suitable for shipping in a 20in ISO container)
- Weight in air: 13.5Te (with full tool set)
- Weight in water: 10.5Te
Cellula Robotics was awarded a multi-million dollar contract from Fukada Salvage & Marine Works and...
Cellula Robotics has successfully completed factory acceptance testing of the first CRD100 seafloor drill for...