Oilfield exploration, construction and production support covers installations, repairs and surveys.
OCTOMAR Serviços Marítimos Limitada is an independent Angolan diving services company established in February 1998. The company’s policy is to ensure a high local content in its operations by developing local infrastructure and training the local population. Qualified local Angolan personnel and certified equipment, backed up by a core of resident on-site expatriate personnel places the company in a position to respond to almost any offshore diving requirement at short notice.
Good experience and a strong company reputation places OCTOMAR in an excellent position for both short and long-term projects.
“Learn and experience with excellent staff and equipment.”
Oilfield exploration, installation and production support
OCTOMAR’s core services include supporting floating processing units and storage (FPSO) vessel services, inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM), and supporting the exploration, production and installation of oilfields. Many of the company’s inspection activities incorporate the use of various techniques for non-destructive testing, such as magnetic particles, ACFM, the eddy current, flooded member detection, and others.
OCTOMAR Serviços Marítimos
FPSO vessel inspection, repair and maintenance
All of OCTOMAR’s operations are performed with the use of air, mixed gas or saturation diving, or with the use of unmanned ROV vehicles. If necessary, support is provided by boats and DPII dynamic positioning diving support vessels.
OCTOMAR is a member of IMCA and is certified to perform underwater inspections by classification societies ABS, BV, DNV and Lloyds. All of the company’s operations are performed according to international standards such as IMCA ADC and other statutory organisations.
Offshore Diving and ROV services
Offshore diving and ROV services include:
- Air diving
- Saturation diving
- Mixed gas diving
Subsea inspection and maintenance services
- Subsea structures
- Seabed structures
- SBM hose change out and maintenance
- Hull and U-wild inspections (including ACFM equipment)
Offshore Construction services for:
- Spool installation
- J-tube / riser installation
- Pipeline protection installation
- Seabed / span corrections
- Tie-in of umbilicals
- Dome installation
- Subsea tree installation
Civil / marine and coastal engineering construction support
IRM services for:
- Quay walls, jetties and buoys
- Lock, dams, weirs and pumping stations
- Harbour infrastructure and anode replacement
Underwater welding and cutting
- Underwater welding and cutting
- Underwater concrete
- Anode installation
- Hyperbaric assistance
- Cofferdam installation
Leading provider of maritime services in Angola
OCTOMAR’s mission is to be the leading player in the Angolan market for maritime services, preferred by customers due to the high perceived added value of its fully certified local dive teams.
The enterprise aims for the following:
- Leading player: to be first or second in all selected business
- Angolan market: to operate in the whole Angolan market
- Maritime services: to be active in professional services on / around Angolan waters
- Integrated package: to offer customers a family of services tailored to their needs
- High perceived added value: To focus on highly regarded specialist services
It also aims to continue to be the main provider of maritime services in Angola with the largest team of qualified Angolans divers.
Fully certified Angolan dive teams
Key focus points for OCTOMAR’s development in the coming years will be:
- Specific training of Angolan nationals to have fully certified Angolan dive teams ready for long and short-term diving-related services
- Further Angolanisation in all other (support) departments of the company
- Investment in maintenance of in-country dive spreads to keep them to industry standards at all times
- Investment in more in-country equipment and vessels in order to be able to assist our clients on a wider scale
- Wider coverage within Angola to be able to supply services to clients in a more cost-effective and quicker way
- Invest in a good client to contractor relationship to fulfil clients’ needs in the best possible way
- To keep OCTOMAR’s high safety, health, environment and quality levels up to high standards
Tailored Offshore and Subsea Support Services
Octomar is a provider of maritime services, with offshore and subsea its field of operations.
The company values its combination of expertise, inventiveness and specialised equipment as the key ingredients towards offering customers the high-quality solutions they require. OCTOMAR strives to fulfil the needs of five critical stakeholder groups:
- Customers: to deliver a high-quality service tailored to customers’ specific needs
- Employees: to offer challenging work, personal development opportunities and a clear career perspective
- Shareholders: to offer transparency and to create shareholder value
- Partners: to cooperate on bases of mutual respect and benefit
- Society: to act with due care for the environment and the community
OCTOMAR oil spill management services encompass the engineering of oil spill response plans, oil pollution containment and recovery equipment, and oil spill response experts.
OCTOMAR supplies installation, inspection and maintenance services for offshore tanker terminals, as well as providing vessels and its crew.
OCTOMAR Serviços Marítimos Limitada is an Angolan company, established on 2 February 1998 through a 50/50 joint venture agreement between Octo Marine and Marsub – Trabalhos Submarinos Limitada.