Dirty fibre connections can delay network start-up, impact network performance and even damage network equipment....
The T-BERD®/MTS-8000 DTSS distributed fibre optic solution is used for measuring temperature and strain using single ended Brillouin OTDR.
Based on Brillouin scattering technology, Viavi BOTDR module measures the temperature and strain along an optical fibre cable. The BOTDR module can be set up in portable platform (T-BERD/MTS-8000) for cable commissioning and routine auditing or in rackable platform (OTU-8000) for permanent monitoring through the most widely deployed fibre monitoring system, the ONMSi.
- Fibre characterisation with B-OTDR reveals fibre strain and elongation or temperature
- Ensure installations are done correctly without strain
- Reduce and reverse cable strain by locating and releasing it before it breaks the cable or reduces the cable life using the portable DTSS
- Pipeline monitoring
- Telecommunications cable strain testing for manufacturing, installation and maintenance
- Power cable monitoring
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)
Key Benefits and Features
- Simultaneous temperature and strain measurement
- Single-ended solution requiring only one fibre
- Portable and rack-mounted form factors
- Portable: Compact, modular and lightweight- no generated required
- Rack-able form factor pairs with Viavi Fiber Monitoring Solution (ONMSi)
- BOTDR solution (Brillouin OTDR)
- Temperature & strain threshold monitoring
- Decorrelation of temperature & strain
- Multi-port measurements
- Low power consumption – rack-able version
- Battery operated portable version
- Remote connectivity
CoverTel Participates in the Australian Oil and Gas Show
In mid-March, the Australian Oil and Gas (AOG) Show was held in Perth.
CoverTel Telecommunications Group, along with their Prime Principal VIAVI, were there to display a number of items including the VIAVI DTSS (Distributed Temperature and Strain Sensing) Fibre Monitoring system.
The OTU 8000 modular rack-mounted, automated OTDR test unit makes traditional OTDR traces, as well as DTS and DTSS (Distributed Temperature and Strain) Measurements.
For more information on the VIAVI DTSS Fibre Monitoring System or any other VIAVI product please call the experts at CoverTel on 1800 268 378.
Technicians need a tool they can rely on for all of today’s fibre inspection needs....
Network operators need a method to proactively anticipate a break in a fibre caused by...
CoverTel Telecommunications Group is an Australian owned company that specialises in providing high-quality solutions, reliable...