Metal Components, Design and Assembly
With over 60 years of experience, Expom is a leading manufacturer in the metal industry, specialising in the production parts, assemblies and components for the marine, machinery, energy, mining and construction industries, amongst others. Foreign client orders account for almost 100% of production conducted. Expom products reach companies in Europe, Asia and the US.
Expom provides products and services to the metal, onshore, marine, offshore and power industries.
The company supplies 3D modelling, minimum efficient scale (MES) calculation, hydraulic and electric outfit, static and dynamic tests, and full certification from leading organisations, including DNV, BV, ABS, PRS, LR and GL.
Offshore and marine industrial applications
Expom performs a variety of applications worldwide, including:
- Offshore and marine:
- Heavy marine cranes for rigging platforms
- Rescue boat davits, rotating davits for offshore wind farms
- Bearing structures for large stators, motors, generators and wind power generators
- Furnaces and heat exchangers for large biomass power houses
- Equipment for cutting and bending pipelines
- Tools and equipment for searching and extraction of shale gas
- Welded construction and machinery:
- Large structures
- Steel structures, equipped with electrical and hydraulic systems
- Elements of excavators and land drilling machines
- Pressure vessels
- Outfitting structures with work-controlling electrical, electronic, hydraulic and wireless systems
- Hoists used on seas worldwide
- Rescue boat davits of compact design
- Rotating davits for wind power platforms
3D modelling and MES calculations
Using state-of-the-art equipment and software, Expom prepares designs covering mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and automatic applications.
Expom’s design services include:
- 2D documentation (DWG, DXF, PDF and other)
- 3D models in Creo Elements, Solid Works and AutoCad standards. All elements designed in the parametric manner
- Machine operation simulation: the company prepares visualisations and animations of units
- MES endurance analysis: testing stresses and deflections, bulking analysis and shape optimisation
- Models in study are subject to both static and dynamic loads, also taking transitory effects or inertia into account
Low-voltage electrical systems
Expom manufactures and assembles low-voltage systems (230V, 400V, 690V) for marine, offshore, explosion-proof, anti-interference screened and military environments.
The company also installs electrical systems in lifting equipment, rescue-boat davits, loading cranes, offshore structures and containers.
Expom’s functionality is tested for compliance with electrical standards and then entire units are tested according to an acceptance procedure of a marine classifying association (DNV, ABS, BV, RMRS).
Each electrical system produced by Expom is delivered to the client with complete quality and acceptance documentation.
Onshore and offshore hydraulic systems
Expom manufactures power hydraulic systems for onshore and offshore lifting equipment. Each system is provided with pressure control and measure appliances, and operates with hydraulic oil at 400bar working pressure.
All pressure hoses, connections and oil tanks are leak-tested.
Finished hydraulic systems are tested along with the whole unit at a testing station and covered by a three-year guarantee period. FAT test is conducted in accordance with the procedures and under supervision of the classifier, such as DNV, ABS, BV, PRS and RMRS.
Expom has its own engineering and design shop, as well as five production rooms with a total area of 6,500m², housing state-of-the-art machinery stock. The facility enables production of high-quality, large-scale welded structures.
The company holds all the necessary permits, certificates and licences, required for the necessary quality management, environmental protection and the industrial safety systems in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and OHSAS.
In addition, Expom’s welding licences and qualifications are approved by DNV (DNV GL).