AEG Power Solutions has more than 60 years experience providing robust and rugged power systems to the offshore industry. We are a leader for dependable and reliable systems and offer a complete range of world-class AC and DC power systems which protect and control products and have more than a 20 year lifetime. We deliver the industry-leading availability you need to protect your production process, to ensure optimal uptime and to deliver maximum return on your investment by reducing lifetime costs.
AEG Power Solutions serves all major oil, gas and petrochem customers as well as intermediaries such as engineering procurement, construction (EPC) companies and system integrators. AEG Power Solutions provides support throughout the whole project life cycle, from preparation of specifications (front end engineering and design), product delivery and installation, to testing, commissioning, after sales service and maintenance.
Power systems for offshore applications
AEG offers the following power systems for the offshore industry:
- UPS (0.3kVA – 1.0 MVA)
- Inverters (2kVA – 160kVA)
- Chargers/Rectifiers (5A – 2000A) and DC systems
- Power controllers up to 6000A
- Modular industrial power supplies
- Solar systems
- Switch mode power supplies
These serve applications such as:
- Navigational aids
- Fire and gas detection systems
- Data processing
- Radio and telecommunications
- Emergency lighting
- Emergency shutdown
- ESD systems
- Fire fighting
- Instrumentation and process control
- Turbine protection
Power products and services for the offshore industry
- Analytical services: power quality analysis, power surveys, thermal imaging, load bank testing, training, refurbishment and midlife upgrades, engineering
- Installation services: pre-delivery surveys, electrical installation, system integrity testing, commissioning, specialist logistics, rental equipment
- Battery services: installation, routine maintenance testing, replacement and disposal, discharge testing, impedance testing
- Pro-care services: commissioning, preventive maintenance and fully comprehensive life long service contracts
Industrial rectifiers, chargers and DC Systems for offshore
AEG’s latest generation of products are made robust by using proven microprocessor controlled thyristor technology to provide high-reliability power supply and battery charging capabilities.
Complete modular offshore power solutions
The Protect MIP offers a new way of achieving reliable and cost-efficient protection for all offshore applications. A modular and scalable design with hot-swappable rectifier modules assures low mean-time to repair, reduction in the service cost and meets changing needs and future expansion.
Available with three rectifier configurations in wall-mounted cabinets and nine rectifier configuration in stand-alone cabinet, it is suitable for charging many types of lead or nickel-cadmium batteries. It can also be used as a direct power supply without batteries.
AEG’s online double conversion UPS system
AEG’s brand new modern Protect 8 is a true online double conversion UPS, with low maintenance cost, reduced operating costs, air conditioning requirements and battery Ah requirements.
Operating at high and constant efficiency even at low output power, Protect 8 offers high reliability (no potentiometers), high flexibility (software controlled parameters) and fast dynamic response by full digital control and high overload capacity.
The Protect 8 also offers:
- Online operation ensures permanent service
- Microprocessor-driven control and command system provides reliable power supply
- Battery management system boosts battery life and cuts operating costs
- Broad range of output power ratings, battery autonomy times and options meet complex industrial application needs
- High level protection for users and connected equipment (high intermittent overload capacity, high level short-circuit strength)
Unique modular building-block UPS configurations:
- Single systems
- Parallel systems
- Asymmetrical rectifier and SBS power for special battery configuration
- Customised input/output voltages
Power controllers and soft starters for the offshore industry
Precision-engineered to switch, control and regulate, the AEG Power Solutions Thyro-Family is made for heavy industrial applications including ovens, automotive, glass and chemical industry applications, steel production, conveyor lines, cooling equipment, and pumps.