Reliable power is an absolute must when you’re miles out to sea in tough conditions and the stakes are high.
When you use Kato™ generators (alternators) for main, essential or emergency power generation offshore, you gain better control over the industry’s inherent risks. Kato™ generators are the most reliable in the world.
Custom generator design
Advanced design software and an experienced engineering staff ensure your Kato™ generator meets your specific requirements.
Starting with the specification stage, Kato Engineering works with you to design a generator to match your engine or turbine while taking your entire project into consideration, whether it is for you or your customer. We examine all the variables that a reliable power system demands, such as power requirements, duty cycles, environment and paralleling needs.
Reliable offshore generators
Kato™ generators have the following general specifications:
- Power rating: 500kW to 25MW, three phase
- Speed (RPM) at 50/60Hz: 1,500/1,800, 1,000/1,200, 750/900, 600/720
- Rotor and stator insulation: Class F or Class H with void-free 100% solids resin, vacuum-pressure impregnation
- Efficiency: 88% to 97.5% depending on kW rating, operating speed and voltage (all Kato products use a high-grade electrical steel for high efficiency)
- Open drip proof
- Air filtered
- Air-to-air heat exchanger cooled (TEAAC/CACA)
- Air-to-water heat exchanger cooled (TEWAC/CACW)
- IP22, IP23, IP44, IP54, IP55, IP56
- Low temperature space heater (under 200°C) for Class I, Division 2 areas
- RTDs in the windings and bearings
- Voltage regulator
- Flexible mounting configuration
- Differential CTs
Available options (partial list):
- Surge capacitors
- Lightning arrestors
- Rotor monitoring
- Sealed windings
Standards and certifications:
- Others available
Flexible and long-lasting alternators and motor generators
Kato Engineering’s production processes ensure quality and reliability.
- Automated precision winding
- Vacuum pressure impregnation (VPI) two-part epoxy insulation
- Dynamic rotor balancing
- ISO9001 certified
- A continual improvement ‘perfect execution’ philosophy
- Awarded highest quality certification by a major OEM three years running
Extensive testing capabilities ensure that your generator meets all specifications.
- Water immersion testing for sealed insulation
- Seismic test bases for low vibration measurement
- Specific environment for witness testing and inspection with closed circuit monitors and performance displays in safe areas
Kato Engineering profile
Kato Engineering has been providing power for the offshore oil and gas industry since the early 1950s. On FPSOs, production platforms and drill rigs, thousands of Kato Engineering alternators are in operation worldwide.
Kato Engineering clients have ultimately included the major international oil and gas companies and many smaller producers too, as well as those who design and manufacture oil and gas equipment. The Kato™ name has become the standard for an engine or turbine-generator package.
Electric Power Generation was built on the experience and reputation of our two brands: LeroySomer™ and Kato Engineering™.
Kato Engineering designs and manufactures a complete range of gas & steam turbine synchronous alternators for applications requiring 100 kW to 25,000 kW output.
The term "bearing" is a derivative of the verb "to bear."
The Henderson County Chamber of Commerce sponsored a ribbon cutting at Nidec on 23 May, in celebration of the opening of the new facility expansion.
Kato Engineering is expanding its Authorised Service Network through collaboration with Sulzer, for Aftermarket services on Kato brand generators.
Kato Engineering will be attending the Sea Air Space 2019 exposition at National Harbor, MD, USA from 6 May - 9 May.
Kata engineering will be attended The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2019, which takes place from 6 May - 9 May in Houston, Texas.
Power systems provider Kato Engineering is to exhibit its products at Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2015 in Houston, Texas, US, between 4 and 7 May.
Kato Engineering will hold its GenSchool in Mankato, MN, US, 28-30 September 2015.