The PQ 500-1, the original workhorse of the PowerQuick collection, operates like a personal elevator for those times when just getting up and down from a work site or moving equipment is important.
At PowerQuick our slogan is our pledge to our customers. Our mission is to provide the technical rope access industry with the safest, most reliable, cost-effective tool possible for riggers and climbers whose lives depend on their equipment. We offer a full line of rope, climbing accessories and safety equipment selected for use with your PowerQuick Ascender and other work-at heights-needs. We are your work access and on-site rescue solution.
PowerQuick Concepts has developed the PowerQuick Powered Ascender. From the battlefield to the commercial market, this innovative product takes you to great heights quickly, easily and safely.
Powered personal climber for offshore rope access and rescue
Developed and tested under a DARPA contract for the US military, the PowerQuick Ascender is an innovative powered climber that provides powered ascent and powered and manual descent.
Whether used as a work access tool or for on-site rescue capability, the PowerQuick Ascender is quick to deploy using standard climbing rope. PowerQuick eliminates climber fatigue and provides for increased worker safety. Unlike climb-assist type systems, when used for tower applications the PowerQuick requires no costly installation and is flexible in that it can be used in any location in which a rope can be rigged.
The PowerQuick PQ 500-1 features include:
- 500lb capacity designed for rescue and industrial applications
- Includes remote control
- Designed for single-person operation, but can handle up to two people
- Exceeds OSHA, ANSI, CE, CSA and other applicable safety requirements
- Can be used with a variety of lifting chairs and platforms
- 600ft to 800ft of climb per charge depending on load; use multiple batteries for longer climbs
- Four versions for a variety of operations, including tower access, hazardous environments and tactical operations
Line throwers / pneumatic launchers for the offshore industry
When deploying the PowerQuick Ascender, one frequent challenge is how to place the primary climbing line. The Plumett pneumatic launcher answers the challenge.
Plumett pneumatic launchers have been in service for over 20 years. Tried and tested, they offer proven technology for throwing climbing ropes, ladders and grappling hooks over long distances.
- Calibers from 35mm to 95mm
- Shoulder-fired and ground-fired versions
- Variable firing pressure
- Silenced version for covert operations
- Boat arrestor entanglement system
Static kernmantle rope for offshore rope access and rescue
Static kernmantle rope is used with most versions of the PowerQuick Ascender. The 12.5mm version is used for the primary climbing line and 11mm for the fall arrest line. This rope has a braided sheath (the mantle) over a core (the kern) made of parallel untwisted fibers. Static ropes have very low stretch (3% to 5% stretch). The core bundles contribute to most of the rope’s strength. The load-bearing fibers are inside the rope where they are protected from abrasion by the tightly woven sheath. The core bundles are continuous in length and run parallel, which not only reduces stretch but also eliminates spin when suspended in air.
Currently, static kernmantle construction is the preferred rope for most rescue situations due to the better control inherent in this type of construction. For rappelling or ascending a fixed line or in rescue lowering and raising, a static kernmantle is the best choice.
We offer New England, PMI and PowerQuick brand ropes, all of which have been tested and work well with the PowerQuick Ascender. Some brands of static kernmantle rope have an extremely stiff core and do not work well with the ascender as they do not seat into the capstan. Before using other brands of rope in the ascender either test the rope with the ascender prior to actual use or send us a 20ft sample and we will test it for you.
We feature PMI, PowerQuick and Dennington-style harnesses. PMI has a full range of harnesses for NFPA, vertical uses, rope access, climbing and caving.
All Dennington-style harnesses feature the Dennington safety harness shock absorption system. The Dennington harness’s three-point shock absorption system is designed so that even if a person falls head first, the body is gently positioned in an upright position, minimizing potential injury.
Full-body harness for offshore access and rescue
The PowerQuick Magna harness range provides:
- Comfort: comes with extra padding and cushioning for comfortable all-day use
- Design: designed with the unique X-back which lets the harness straps tangle free
- Looks: green and black coloring, along with the fluroscent yellow net, enhances the looks of the harness and allows cooling air flow while providing high visibility for safety
- Ergonomics: the harness is constructed using the highest quality components to give a lightweight feel and an ultimate experience
We offer quality OSHA, ANSI and CE-compliant lightweight aluminum carabiners. Our PowerQuick aluminum carabiners are high quality at budget prices.
PowerQuick, a supplier of of rope, climbing accessories and safety equipment for the technical rope access industry, has released a free white paper on Offshore Technology.