Windfarm and Marine Construction Vessels
DSB Offshore operates as a vessel broker and consultant for offshore and marine civil construction industries on an international basis. Over the last 30 years we have built up a comprehensive network of vessel owners and operators, which enable us to quickly and efficiently respond to clients’ vessel purchase and charter enquiries. We particularly specialise in the brokering of offshore windfarm construction vessels.
Whatever your current problem or requirement in the field of offshore and marine civil construction, we are confident that our wide range of tendering and brokering expertise will enable you to achieve a successful tender or to complete your project, within budget and on time.
Shipbroking: offshore windfarm and marine civil construction vessels
Our windfarm and marine civil construction expertise includes:
- Vessel chartering, especially for offshore windfarm and marine civil construction projects
- Assistance in tenders for marine civil construction contracts
- Brokering the sale and purchase of marine equipment and vessels, including jackups, tugs, barges and dredgers
Our assistance as vessel broker enables clients to save time and obtain a larger range of vessels, as well as benefit from our knowledge of market rates and from the goodwill we have generated with vessel owners over the course of our many years of experience.
Offshore windfarm construction vessel charters
DSB Offshore has been involved in vessel procurement for over a dozen offshore windfarms. Our expertise in the brokering of windfarm construction vessels has been built up over the past 12 years, starting with the Middlegrund Windfarm in Copenhagen in 1999.
We have provided vessels for the following offshore windfarm construction projects:
- Site surveys (e.g. London Array Windfarm; Alpha Ventus, Germany)
- Foundation construction (e.g. Samso Windfarm, Denmark)
- Top side installation (e.g. Horns Rev Windfarm, Denmark)
- Substation installation (e.g. North Hoyle Windfarm, UK, with tug, barge and sheerleg)
- Maintenance of offshore turbines (e.g. for Vestas using a jack-up barge with 300t crane)
- Interarray and shore cable work (e.g. Thanet Windfarm; Greater Gabbard Windfarm, UK)
- Bird surveys (e.g. Forth Array Windfarm, UK)
Tenders for small and large marine civil construction contracts
DSB Offshore is involved in assisting construction companies in the pricing of vessels and other equipment, for tenders for both small and large marine civil construction contracts. Our expertise includes:
- Sourcing suitable vessels for projects at tender stage and after award of tender, for example: jack-ups, dredgers, barges, crane barges, tugs, small anchor-handlers (e.g. shoalbusters and multicats)
- Obtaining prices for vessels for tenders against tight deadlines and responding efficiently to clarifications on technical and commercial questions on these offers. This takes much of the strain off estimators and quantity surveyors
- Providing quotations for mobilising equipment to projects by wet or dry towage (flo-flo transport or coastal / deep-sea towage)
- Providing comment on rates provided, basis of up-to-date market information
- Knowledge of historical performance of vessel owners on construction projects
- Assistance with putting together contracts for vessel hire
We have provided vessels for the following bridge and terminal construction projects:
Bridge construction vessels
- Sundlink Copenhagen – Malmo
- Second Severn Bridge Crossing – across Bristol Channel
- Vasco de Gama on Tagus
Port construction vessels
- Dahej LNG terminal, India
- Dhabol LNG terminal, India
- Sohar LNG terminal construction for Saipem / Afcons
- Breakwaters and outfalls construction
Shipbroking: windfarm and marine construction vessel expertise
For an immediate response regarding your requirements for vessels and other equipment for windfarm and marine construction projects, please contact us.