Led by Baring Private Equity Asia V Holding (1)’s $1.01bn private equity deal with PI Advanced Materials, Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 20.77% in deal activity during Q2 2022, when compared to the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 62 deals worth $2.4bn were announced for the region during Q2 2022, against the last four-quarter average of 78.25 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in Q2 2022 with 55 deals, representing an 88.7% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with six deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 9.7% and 1.6% share of the overall deal activity for the quarter.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry with $1.31bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $1.01bn and $46.32m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for a 72.9% share of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.73bn, against the overall value of $2.4bn recorded for the quarter.
1) Baring Private Equity Asia V Holding (1) $1.01bn private equity deal for 54.1% stake in PI Advanced Materials
2) The $201.04m acquisition of Ocean Sparkle by Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone
3) China BlueChemical $194.78m acquisition deal with CNOOC Orient Petrochemical
4) The $191.58m acquisition of Liaohe Oilfield (Panjin) Gas Storage by Liaohe Petroleum Exploration Bureau
5) Siam Management Holding $127.5m acquisition deal for 50% stake in PTT Global LNG