Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 12% in deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by TGS’s $252m acquisition of Magseis, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 22 oil & gas industry deals worth $1.2bn were announced for the region in June 2022, against the 12-month average of 25 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in June 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 72.7% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with five deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 22.7% and 4.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $1.14bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $82.95m and $0m, respectively.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 44.8% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $549.87m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) TGS $252m acquisition deal with Magseis
2) The $200m acquisition of BioPhero by FMC
3) MW&L Capital Partners $61.37m venture financing deal with Well-Safe Solutions
4) The $26m acquisition of ResQ Holding by A.P. Moller – Maersk
5) Goh Family Office,Lansdowne Partners,Ora Capital Partners Limited and Tanarra Capital Australia $10.5m venture financing deal with Oxeco