Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 4.65% in deal activity during September 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by EIG Global Energy Partners’ $4.8bn asset transaction with 25% stake in Repsol, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 41 oil & gas industry deals worth $5.9bn were announced for the region in September 2022, against the 12-month average of 43 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in September 2022 with 35 transactions, representing an 85.4% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with six deals capturing a 14.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $5.86bn, followed by venture financing deals totalled $23.3m.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 95.4% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $5.61bn, against the overall value of $5.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EIG Global Energy Partners’s $4.8bn asset transaction deal for 25% stake in Repsol
2) The $698.36m asset transaction of Co-operative Group by Asda Stores
3) Thenamaris Ships Management’s $42m asset transaction deal with A/S J. Ludwig Mowinckels Rederi
4) The $37.17m acquisition deal with Corallian Energy by Shell U.K.
5) Yildirim Group’s $33.91m acquisition deal with Rosier