Total Oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $2.8bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $460m acquisition of BENTELER Steel/Tube Manufacturing being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 64.1% over the previous month of $1.7bn and a drop of 62.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.45bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 18.75% with 26 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 32 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.51bn in July 2022.
Oil & gas industry cross border deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 66.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.85bn, against the overall value of $2.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry cross border deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Tenaris $460m acquisition deal with BENTELER Steel/Tube Manufacturing
2) The $400m acquisition of FSRU I by Snam
3) PAGAC Heisenberg Holding II $339.18m acquisition deal for 68% stake in Handsome Chemical Development
4) The $339m acquisition of Petroteq Energy by Viston United Swiss
5) VAALCO Energy $307m acquisition deal with TransGlobe Energy