Total oil & gas industry deals for November 2019 worth $11.16bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 59.8% over the previous month and a drop of 69.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $36.24bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.4% over the last 12-month average with 162 deals against the average of 187 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $4.99bn.
Oil & gas industry deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 52.2% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $5.83bn, against the overall value of $11.16bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Noble Midstream Partners’ $1.6bn asset transaction with Noble Energy
2) The $1.57bn asset transaction with Chevron BTC Pipeline and Chevron Global Ventures by MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas
3) Gazstroyprom’s $1.18bn acquisition of StroyGazMontazh
4) The $881.34m acquisition of Liquigas Distribuidora by Copagaz Distribuidora de Gas S/A. and Nacional Gas Butan
5) EIP Investment, KDB Infrastructure Investment Asset Management, Samtan and Shinhan Investment’s asset transaction with Riverstone Holdings for $600m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.