Total oil & gas industry deals for September 2020 worth $13.85bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 70.4% over the previous month and a drop of 39.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $22.73bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 2.2% over the last 12-month average with 178 deals against the average of 182 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.27bn.
Oil & gas industry deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 76.2% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $10.55bn, against the overall value of $13.85bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Merger of Devon Energy and WPX Energy for $5.35bn
2) The $2.45bn private equity deal with Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj. by Ahlstrom Capital, Bain Capital, Belgrano Inversiones and Viknum
3) Verbund’s $1.15bn acquisition of Gas Connect Austria
4) The $975.83m acquisition of Yankuang Coal Chemicals International Trading, YANKUANG LUNAN CHEMICAL and Yankuang Yuling Fine Chemical by Yanzhou Coal Mining
5) Vopak Industrial Infrastructure Americas’ asset transaction with Dow for $620m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.