Advent International and Lanxess’ $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM was the Oil & gas industry’s biggest deal of Q2 2022 as deals worth $30.9bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 17.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 47.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $58.89bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 17% with 293 deals in Q2 2022 against the average of 353.00 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $16.7bn.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Oil & gas industry deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five Oil & gas industry deals accounted for 42.9% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $13.25bn, against the overall value of $30.9bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five Oil & gas industry deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent International and Lanxess $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM
2) The $3.55bn acquisition of Lucid Energy Group by Targa Resources
3) Petronas Chemicals Group $2.39bn acquisition deal with Perstorp Holding
4) The $1.7bn private equity deal with Double Eagle Energy Holdings IV and Tumbleweed Royalty IV by Apollo Natural Resources Partners Funds ,EnCap Investments and Magnetar Capital
5) Whitecap Resources $1.47bn acquisition deal with XTO Energy Canada