Total oil & gas industry deals worth $36.4bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the Capricorn Energy’s $7.16bn acquisition deal with NewMed EnergyPartnership being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 155.3% over the previous month of $14.26bn and a rise of 29.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $28.08bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.85% with 186 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 211 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $16.07bn in September 2022.
Oil & Gas industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 63.1% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $22.96bn, against the overall value of $36.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Capricorn Energy’s $7.16bn acquisition deal with NewMed EnergyPartnership
2) The $5.2bn asset transaction of THQ Appalachia I and Xcl Midstream by EQT
3) EIG Global Energy Partners’s $4.8bn asset transaction deal for 25% stake in Repsol
4) The $3.8bn acquisition of 50% stake in KMG Kashagan by NationalKazMunayGas
5) IKAV Capital Partners’s $2bn acquisition deal with Mobil California Exploration & Producing Asset