Total oil & gas industry deals worth $9.9bn were announced globally for January 2022, with the $3.25bn acquisition of Navitas Midstream Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 66.6% over the previous month of $29.54bn and a drop of 52.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $20.62bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 36.44% with 75 deals in January 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 118 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $8.16bn in January 2022.
oil & gas industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 77.05% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $7.6bn, against the overall value of $9.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Enterprise Products Partners $3.25bn acquisition deal with Navitas Midstream Partners
2) The $2.65bn acquisition of Chief E&D Holdings and Tug Hill by Chesapeake Energy
3) Enerflex $735m acquisition deal with Exterran
4) The $568.56m acquisition of Globaltek and Yakutskaya Toplivno-Energeticheskaya Kompaniya PAO by Zhejiang Energy International
5) EnCap Flatrock Midstream $400m private equity deal with Clearfork Midstream