Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $15.6bn were announced in North America in September 2022, led by EQT’s $5.2bn asset transaction with THQ Appalachia I and Xcl Midstream, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 89.8% over the previous month of $8.2bn and a rise of 26.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.34bn.
North America held a 43.39% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $35.86bn in September 2022. With a 37.31% share and deals worth $13.38bn, the US was the top country in North America’s M&A deal value across oil & gas industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, North America recorded 53 deals during September 2022, marking a decrease of 7.02% over the previous month and a drop of 27.40% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 45 deals during the month.
North America oil & gas industry M&A deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 73.2% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $11.39bn, against the overall value of $15.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EQT’s $5.2bn asset transaction deal with THQ Appalachia I and Xcl Midstream
2) The $2bn acquisition of Mobil California Exploration & Producing Asset by IKAV Capital Partners
3) IKAV Capital Partners’s $2bn acquisition deal with Shell Onshore Ventures
4) The $1.1bn acquisition of EnVen Energy by Talos Energy
5) Tamarack Valley Energy’s $1.09bn acquisition deal with Deltastream Energy