Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $2.1bn were announced in the US in July 2021, with WildFire Energy I’s $650m acquisition of Hawkwood Energy being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 72.3% over the previous month of $7.66bn and a drop of 77.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.24bn.
The US held a 10.83% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $19.57bn in July 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 31 deals during July 2021, marking an increase of 19.23% over the previous month and a rise of 19.23% over the 12-month average.
US oil & gas industry M&A deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 83.7% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at $1.78bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hawkwood Energy $650m acquisition deal with WildFire Energy I
2) The $370m acquisition of Lonestar Resources US by Penn Virginia
3) Kinetrex Energy $310m acquisition deal with Kinder Morgan
4) Pioneer Energy Services $295m acquisition deal with Patterson-UTI Energy
5) The $152m acquisition of Novomer by Danimer Scientific