Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $6.6bn were announced in the US in November 2022, with Marathon Oil’s $3bn asset transaction with Ensign Natural Resources being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 12.6% over the previous month of $7.52bn and a drop of 27.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.04bn.
The US held a 24.84% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $26.45bn in November 2022.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 47 deals during November 2022, marking an increase of 17.50% over the previous month and a drop of 20.34% over the 12-month average.
US oil & gas industry M&A deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 86.9% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at $5.71bn, against the overall value of $6.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Marathon Oil’s $3bn asset transaction deal with Ensign Natural Resources
2) The $1.55bn acquisition of Lario Permian by Diamondback Energy
3) Sable Offshore’s $625m asset transaction deal with Exxon Mobil
4) The $270.7m acquisition of Hatch Resources by Kimbell Royalty Partners
5) Enbridge and Plains All American Pipeline’s $265m asset transaction deal for 15% stake in Western Midstream Partners