Total Oil & gas industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced globally in Q2 2022, led by $350m venture financing of Crusoe Energy Systems, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 226.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 32.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $875.51m.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $824.45m in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $815.26m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Oil & gas industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q2 2022 was the US with 32 deals, followed by the UK with ten and Canada with six.
In 2022, at the end of , venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced globally in Oil & gas industry, marking a decrease of 22.8% year on year.
venture financing deals in Oil & gas industry in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals in Oil & gas industry accounted for 75.3% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $875m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five Oil & gas industry venture financing deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Atreides Management,Bain Capital Ventures,Castle Island Ventures,CMT Digital Ventures,DRW Venture Capital,Engine No. 1,Exor Seeds,Felicis Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,Founders Fund,G2 Venture Partners,Inclusive Capital Partners,Lowercarbon Capital,MCJ Collective,MitsuiGlobal Investment Inc,Mubadala Investment,Oman Investment Authority,Polychain Capital,Tao Capital Partners,Upper90,Valor Equity Partners,Winklevoss Capital Management and Zigg Capital $350m venture financing deal with Crusoe Energy Systems
2) The $150m venture financing of Carbon Clean Solutions by AXA Investment Managers,Cemex Ventures Espana SLU,Chevron Technology Ventures,Marubeni,Samsung Ventures Investment,Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures,TransCanada PipeLines and Wave Equity Partners
3) Breakout Ventures,Capricorn Investment Group,Carbon Direct Capital Management,Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,DCVC Management Co,Elementum Ventures,Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund and Munich Re Ventures $130m venture financing deal with Twelve
4) The $125m venture financing of Booster Fuels by Cercano Management,Chaac Ventures,Conversion Capital,Enterprise Holdings,Equinor Ventures,Invus Opportunities,Madrona Venture Group,Maveron,Mitsubishi,Perot Jain,Renewable Energy Group,Rose Park Advisors,Thayer Ventures and Version One Ventures
5) Chanel,Emerald Development Managers,Jeff Vinik,Mousse Partners,Roy Disney,Senator Investment Group,Teachers Venture Growth (TVG) and The Kraft Group $120m venture financing deal with Evolved by Nature