View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Market Data
November 12, 2021

Oil and gas contracts in Middle East down 2% in October 2021

By Carmen

Oil and gas contracts in Middle East registered a decrease of 2% in October 2021 with 40 contracts, when compared with 41 contracts in the previous month, according to GlobalData’s oil and gas contracts database.

The activity remained flat when compared with the last 12-month average of 40 contracts.


Contract award activity in Middle East during October 2021

Looking at contracts by country, Saudi Arabia led the activity in October 2021 with eight contracts representing a 20% share of all the oil and gas contracts, followed by Qatar with seven contracts and an 18% share and the UAE with six contracts and a 15% share. It saw a flat growth over the previous month’s total of eight contracts and an increase of 33% when compared with the last 12 month-average six contracts in Saudi Arabia.

Based on 12-month moving average, Qatar and Saudi Arabia took the top spot with seven contracts each, followed by the UAE with five contracts.


Middle East’s oil and gas contracts by segment in October 2021

Looking at oil and gas contracts by segment in Middle East, upstream segment contributed the most in terms of the contracts awarded, with 24 contracts in October 2021, followed by downstream with nine contracts.

Contracts by scope of work in Middle East during October 2021

During October 2021, the majority of the contracts awarded were in the procurement space with 18 contracts, followed by operations & maintenance and design & engineering with 16 and 14 contracts, respectively.

Methodology

All publicly announced contracts are included in this analysis, which is drawn from GlobalData’s oil and gas contracts database that provides insights into awarded and expired contracts globally.

More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s oil and gas database.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology