Chevron awards Worley contract to modify asset in Gulf of Mexico
Join Our Newsletter - Get important industry news and analysis sent to your inbox – sign up to our e-Newsletter here
X

Chevron awards Worley contract to modify asset in Gulf of Mexico

20 Apr 2021

US oil giant Chevron has awarded Worley a contract to provide brownfield modification services for the Ballymore oil and gas field located in the Gulf of Mexico.

Chevron awards Worley contract to modify asset in Gulf of Mexico
Worley’s US Gulf Coast team will implement topsides services for the field. Credit: Kristina Kasputienė / Pixabay.

US oil giant Chevron has awarded Worley a contract to provide brownfield modification services for the Ballymore oil and gas field located in the Gulf of Mexico.

Worley will provide integration and subsea tie-back engineering and design services on the Ballymore field.

Worley CEO Chris Ashton said: “As a global professional services company headquartered in Australia, we look forward to helping Chevron meet the world’s changing energy needs and continuing Worley’s longstanding global relationship with Chevron.”

Worley’s US Gulf Coast team will implement topsides services and project management while Worley’s Global Integrated Delivery office in India will provide support for the project.

Furthermore, Intecsea, which is a part of Worley’s Advisian consulting business, will undertake the subsea portion of the project.

Located in a water depth of approximately 2,000m, the Ballymore prospect is 40% owned by Total while Chevron owns the remaining 60% stake as operator. The prospect covers four blocks in the Norphlet play, including Block MC 607.

The field is located in the Mississippi Canyon area, approximately 120km off the coast of Louisiana, US.

Chevron completed the first appraisal well in January 2019 followed by the second appraisal well in August 2019.

In 2020, Wood Group was selected by Chevron to deliver an engineering design project for Anchor deepwater development in the US Gulf of Mexico.

Last year, the Australian engineering services provider said it axed 3,000 jobs and secured an extra $465m in loans due to a collapse in oil prices as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

Worley cut 5% of its employees, reducing its number of staff to 56,000 as of 31 March 2020.