Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
  2. Deal News
July 13, 2021

Petrobras to divest Papa-Terra field offshore Brazil to 3R Offshore

The Papa Terra heavy crude oil field, in which Petrobras has a 62.5% stake, produced 17,900boed as of June 2021.

By Archana Rani

Petrobras has agreed to sell its interests in the producing Papa-Terra field located in the Campos Basin offshore Brazil to 3R Offshore for up to $105.6m.

Under the deal, 3R Offshore will immediately pay $6m to Petrobras.

The Brazilian national oil company will receive an additional $9.6m from 3R Offshore at the closing of the transaction.

3R Offshore will make contingent payments of up to $90m related to production levels and future oil prices.

Petrobras in a statement said: “This transaction is in line with the portfolio optimisation strategy and the improvement of the company’s capital allocation, increasingly concentrating its resources in world-class assets in deep and ultra-deep waters, where Petrobras has demonstrated great competitive edge over the years.”

Petrobras operates the field with a stake of 62.5% while its partner Chevron holds the remaining 37.5% interest.

Content from our partners
How the North of Tyne region is leveraging its legacy to define its future
Q&A with Chevron Lubricants’ Paul Sly, global industrial OEM specialist, and Nathan Knotts, global brand technical manager
The important role of antifoam agents in oil-gas separation and amine treating

A part of the BC-20 concession, the Papa-Terra field is located at a water depth of 1,200m.

The field, which commenced production in 2013, has an average oil and gas production capacity of 17,900boed as of June 2021.

It produces through two platforms, P-61 of the Tension Leg Wellhead Platform (TLWP) type and P-63 of the Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) type.

According to estimates, the Papa-Terra field holds 700 million to one billion barrels of oil equivalent.

Separately, Petrobras signed Itapu Coparticipation Agreement with Pré-sal Petróleo (PPSA).

The agreement is expected to regulate the coexistence of the transfer of rights contract (ToR) and the production sharing contract (PSC) for the surplus volume of the ToR from the Itapu field.

The oil and gas field is located at a water depth of 2,000m in the Santos Basin pre-salt, offshore Brazil.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU