DNO Norge has received the consent to use the Borgland Dolphin semi-submersible drilling rig for a permanent plugging of wells on the Oselvar field offshore Norway.

Consent from the Norwegian offshore safety watchdog, the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA), allows DNO Norge to permanently plug wells A-1 H, A-2 H, and A-3 HT2 on the offshore field.

The Oselvar field is located in the Production licence 274 in the southern part of the Norwegian sector in the North Sea, 20km south-west of the Ula field.

Production from the field was sent to the Ula platform for gas separation and injection in the host field reservoir whereas the liquid was sent to Teeside via Ekofisk.

Situated at a water depth of 70m, the field commenced production in 2012 and was shut down in May 2018, due to its inefficiency to live up to its initial expectations.

Decommissioning of the field is planned to be completed by the end of 2022, as per the formal disposal resolution.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

DNO operates the production licence with a 55% stake while CapeOmega owns the remaining 45% interest.

In January, the PSA gave its consent to Chrysaor and Aker BP to use rigs for their respective drilling projects offshore Norway.

Aker BP secured consent to use the Maersk Integrator ultra-harsh environment jack-up rig for production drilling on the Tambar field located in the southern part of the Norwegian sector in the North Sea.

Chrysaor Norge secured consent to use a semi-submersible drilling rig for exploration drilling of wells 15/12-25 and 15/12-26 located in production licence 973 in the North Sea.