View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
January 28, 2021

Aker BP and Chrysaor secure consent to use drilling rigs offshore Norway

The Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) has given its consent to oil firms Chrysaor and Aker BP to use rigs for their respective drilling projects offshore Norway.

By Umesh Ellichipuram

The Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) has given its consent to oil firms Chrysaor and Aker BP to use rigs for their respective drilling projects offshore Norway.

Aker BP secured consent to use the Maersk Integrator ultra-harsh environment jack-up rig for production drilling on the Tambar field located in the southern part of the Norwegian sector in the North Sea.

Maersk specifically designed the Integrator for operations in the North Sea.

Situated 16km south-east of Ula at a water depth of 68m, the Tambar field was discovered in 1983 and commenced production in 2001. The field was developed with a remotely controlled wellhead facility without processing equipment.

Aker BP operates the field with a 55% stake, while the remaining 45% stake is held by Faroe Petroleum Norge.

In 2017, the developers decided to extend the operational life of the field until 2028.

The Norwegian governmental supervisory authority also issued consent to Chrysaor Norge to use a semi-submersible drilling rig for exploration drilling of wells 15/12-25 and 15/12-26 located in production licence 973 in the North Sea.

Chrysaor Norge is the operator of production licence 586 with an ownership interest of 50%. The other licensees are OKEA (30%) and Petoro (20%).

Recently, Chrysaor Norge secured a drilling permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) for well 15/12-26 located in production licence 973 in the North Sea.

The rig will commence drilling activity at well 15/12-26 upon completion of Chrysaor Norge’s wildcat well 15/12-25.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology