Empyrean Energy PLC has agreed to acquire a stake of up to 20% in West Natuna Exploration Ltd (WNEL) from Conrad Petroleum Pte Ltd.

The deal implies a purchase consideration of $4m and involves the conditional acquisition of an initial 10% interest for $2m in cash and further payment of $2m for additional 10% stake.

WNEL holds 100% stake in Duyung production sharing contract (Duyung PSC), located offshore Indonesia. The Duyung PSC extends across an area of approximately 1,100km² in West Natuna Basin and includes Mako shallow gas discovery.

Upon completion of the transaction, Conrad Petroleum will own 80% stake and Empyrean Energy will have the remaining 20% in WNEL.

The Parkmead Group plc has completed the acquisition of additional stake in the Sanda North and Sanda South prospects within Block 205/13 in the UK North Sea’s west of Shetland area.

The two prospects hold estimated P50 recoverable reserves of 280 million barrels of oil.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Upon the completion of the transaction, Parkmead Group will hold 100% stake in Block 205/13.

China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group) intends to raise $1.1bn through the issue of senior unsecured bonds in a public offering through its subsidiary Sinopec Group Overseas Development (2017) Limited.

“The two prospects hold estimated P50 recoverable reserves of 280 million barrels of oil.”

The bonds carry a coupon rate of 3.018% to be paid semi-annually and will mature on 12 April 2022. The offering is scheduled for closure on 12 April 2017.

As book runners for the issue, Sinopec has retained Agricultural Bank of China Limited, Bank of China International Limited, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, CCB International Capital Limited, Citigroup Inc, DBS Bank Ltd, The Goldman Sachs Group Inc, HSBC Bank plc, ICBC, JPMorgan Chase & Co, Mizuho Financial Group Inc, Morgan Stanley & Co Limited, Societe Generale SA, Standard Chartered Bank PLC, and UBS AG.

FAR Ltd intends to raise $60.6m through issuing 1,000 million shares, at a price of $0.06 per share in a private placement.

The shares will be issued in two tranches, with the first tranche to raise $40.9m and $19.69m for the second.

Proceeds from the placement are intended to be used by the company to fund its drilling, evaluation and pre-development programme offshore Senegal, for the potential acquisition and exploration of Blocks A2 and A5 in Gambia, and for the general corporate functions.

The private placement is scheduled for completion on 18 May.