Wintershall Norge has secured a drilling permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate for well 35/11-20 B in North Sea.

The well is to be drilled using the Borgland Dolphin drilling facility, at position 61°13’20.32’’ north 03°26’25.45’’ east after completing drilling of wildcat well 35/11-20 A in production licence (PL) 248 F.

It will be drilled about 100km southwest of Florø and about 20km northwest of the Fram field.

NPD said that the drilling programme for the well relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in PL 248 F.

Wintershall Norge operates the licence with a 40% ownership interest, while the other licensees are Origo Exploration Norway (20%) and Petoro (40%).

The area in the licence comprises a portion of block 35/11.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

On 10 December last year, PL 248 F was carved out of PL 248, which was awarded on 04 June 1999 during North Sea Awards.

The latest one is the third well to be drilled within the licence.

Before commencing drilling activities Wintershall Norge is required to obtain all other permits and consents required by other authorities.

"Before commencing drilling activities Wintershall Norge is required to obtain all other permits and consents required by other authorities."

In April this year, Wintershall Norge secured drilling permit for well 35/8-6 A in PL 248.

Wintershall Norge operates the licence with an ownership interest of 60%, while the remaining 40% is owned by Petoro.

The area in this licence consists of part of block 35/8.

Image: A map showing where well 35/11-20 B WILL be drilled. Photo: courtesy of Norwegian Petroleum Directorate.