SNOC has expanded its partnership with Eni by acquiring a 30% participating interest in block 7 in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates (UAE).  

Block 7, which covers an area of 430 km², is currently witnessing exploration activities including the drilling of the Fennec-01 exploratory well.  

Eni, through its subsidiary Eni RAK, was awarded the exploration rights to block 7 in April 2021 and, prior to the deal, held a 90% stake as the operator, with Ras Al Khaimah’s National Oil Company, RAK Gas, owning the remaining 10%. 

Following the transaction, Eni has a 60% ownership as the operator, with SNOC holding 30% and RAK Gas 10%.  

This collaboration builds upon the existing cooperation between SNOC and Eni, which includes the commencement of production from the Mahani field within Sharjah’s onshore Concession Area B in early 2021. 

According to SNOC executive director Hatem Al Mosa, this deal marks SNOC’s first investment outside its home emirate and signifies a strengthening of the ties between Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah. 

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Sharjah Petroleum Council vice-chairman Sheikh Mohammed bin Ahmed Al Qasimi highlighted the potential of the partnership with Eni, anticipating “exceptional results in drilling and further progress in the near future”. 

In other energy industry news from the UAE, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) recently entered into a long-term agreement with Germany’s EnBW to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG).  

ADNOC will deliver 600,000 tonnes per annum of LNG to EnBW for a duration of 15 years from its Ruwais LNG project in Abu Dhabi.