View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
March 31, 2021

Vår Energi gets drilling permit for four wells in Norwegian North Sea

Vår Energi has secured a drilling permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) for four wells in the production license 027 in the Norwegian section of the North Sea.

By Archana Rani

Vår Energi has secured a drilling permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) for four wells in the production license 027 in the Norwegian section of the North Sea.

The permits have been granted for wells 25/8-20 S, 25/8-20 A, 25/8-20 B and 25/8-20 C.

These wells are planned to be drilled using the Scarabeo 8 semi-submersible drilling facility, which is designed to support operations in harsh environments.

The Scarabeo 8 rig is due to conclude the drilling of water injection wells for Vår Energi in production licence 229.

While the drilling programme for wells 25/8-20 S and 25/8-20 B pertains to the drilling of wildcat wells, the drilling programme for wells 25/8-20 A and 25/8-20 C involves the drilling of appraisal wells.

Vår Energi, which is jointly owned by Eni (69.85%) and HitecVision (30.15%), operates the production licence 027 with a 90% stake. Mime Petroleum owns the remaining 10% interest. The licence also includes parts of block 25/8.

In a press statement, NPD said: “The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.”

Separately, NPD announced that Chrysaor Norge has made a minor oil discovery by drilling wildcat well 15/12-25 in production licence 973.

The well, which was drilled about 35km south-west of the Sleipner Øst installation in the central part of the North Sea, was to prove petroleum in reservoir rocks from the Palaeocene Age (the Ty Formation).

The well encountered a 40m gas/condensate column in the Ty Formation. Of the total gas/condensate column, about 30m in sandstone were of good reservoir quality, NPD noted.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology