Optical fibre-cable systems are designed to carry vast amounts of information across the world's oceans...
During the network delivery process an intimate knowledge and understanding of the processes and technologies involved is essential for ensuring the long-term viability of a network.
- Request for Proposal creation and supplier selection process that defines, delineates and clearly specifies the network requirements based on results from the cable design phase of the process
- Supplier negotiation to ensure contractual terms are addressed, project manufacture and supply schedule is achievable and the project can be delivered on-time, on-budget and within the established project risk profile
- Construction oversight and installation management to ensure the subsea cable project is constructed to specification, to budget, to schedule and within required HSSE frameworks
- Testing, commissioning and certification to verify actual performance against system specification and acceptance criteria.
- Operations and maintenance negotiations to ensure the network is protected from both natural and external aggression risks, and to ensure appropriate repair and mitigation procedures are in place to maintain system performance KPI’s
- System monitoring and network management/operations to support the network utilization requirements, and to ensure the network achieves the operational results as designed in the planning phase
With offices and people strategically placed around the world, OSI has delivered more than 100 subsea data network projects to its global client base.
Contact OSI today for the planning, design, delivery and operation of your offshore communications network.
Developing a communications network is an intricate and complicated task - a task that becomes...
Members of the OSI team recently attended the Australasia Oil & Gas Exhibition and Conference...