Global Process Systems
Technological Solutions for the Design and Construction of Process Facilities
Global Process Systems (GPS) provides technological solutions for the design and construction of process facilities worldwide in the offshore oil and gas sector.
Global Process Systems (GPS), a member of the UAE-based Al Jaber Group, is a major global oil and gas process treatment technology provider, specialising in the design, engineering and fabrication of process treatment modules and packages for the oil and gas industry worldwide.
GPS’ activities within the process market include engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for:
- Floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) topsides modules
- Onshore and offshore processing modules and equipment packages
- Conversion of jack-up drilling rigs, inclusive of marine/hull and topside systems into oil and gas mobile offshore production units (MOPUs)
- Early production facilities
- Gas processing facilities
- Mini LNG / LPG production facilities
- Flare systems
- Electrical and instrumentation services
Integrated engineering design and fabrication
GPS’ expertise meets the requirements of a wide range of scenarios, from small skid-mounted units for early production, to complex process topsides packages for offshore floating production, storage and offloading units as well as large-scale onshore processing facilities.
With design, engineering and fabrication facilities, strategically located in the UAE, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand, GPS provides local and regional comprehensive solutions to oil and gas operators, engineering contractors and end users.
GPS is a ‘one-stop shop’ with single point responsibility that ensures seamless transfer of design, engineering, and procurement into fabrication and commissioning of safe process equipment packages of any size or complexity, within budget and on schedule.
Process technology for oil and gas applications
GPS Group has extensive experience in understanding customers’ needs and processing requirements for equipment packages and utilities modules for a diverse range of applications including:
- Oil and gas production, including separation, chemical injection, glycol regeneration, power generation and fuel gas treatment
- Oil processing
- Oil / gas / water separation and stabilisation
- Compression solutions
- Gas and NGL processing
- Gas treatment / pre-treatment
- Water treatment systems
GPS’s capabilities span the full project lifecycle for delivery of such packages from conceptual or front-end engineering and detailed design, through to procurement and fabrication, load-out of modules from its fabrication yards, and start up and commissioning on site where applicable.
Floating production, storage and offloading vessels
GPS provides complex process modules and utility packages for floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels of varying sizes. The company has a solid track record in the delivery of such modules to many of the FPSOs operating in the South East Asia and North Africa regions.
Converting mat type rigs for mobile offshore production
GPS has significant experience in the full upgrade of redundant 250ft mat type drilling rigs. Once refurbished and reconfigured, these units are deployed as mobile offshore production units (MOPUs) for use across the oil and gas industry.
MOPUs can be configured efficiently to meet the individual requirements at a specific location and be put into operation very quickly, enabling production to come on stream much faster than with a fixed platform solution. Once production at a particular location declines, these units can be redeployed at another site at minimal cost, eliminating the need for the costly abandonment required for a fixed jacket.
Services for conversion of offshore rigs
The GPS rig conversion services team comprises engineers with extensive experience in design and construction, as well as an in-depth knowledge of rig conversions. This expertise is used to provide a range of services, including:
- Identification, inspection and reporting on vessels suitable for the base rig
- Procurement of long lead items, such as gas compressors
- Delivering the base rig to the conversion yard
- Engineering, design and procurement
- Design development
- Fabrication and construction
- Meeting international classifications and regulations
- Towing of rig to the operator’s field location
- Onsite installation and commissioning
Turnkey EPC capabilities
Through its joint venture with Kentz Group, GPS Group is capable of providing turnkey EPC services for:
– Facilities for extended well tests and initial production
– Central processing facilities for oil, gas and water
– Booster stations and gas compression
– Modifications and upgrades of refineries
Through its affiliate INE Technologies, GPS provides the full scope of electrical and instrumentation services. Flareon, a member of GPS Group, provides a comprehensive range of complete flare systems and equipment.