Introducing a PELI™ case housing for our De Wit 8in chart recorders.
IFG de Wit BV is a quality and service oriented manufacturer of pressure and temperature tests and measuring equipment for all applications.
Since the first De Wit instruments were produced in 1916, our scope of manufacture has increased to include pressure gauges, test gauges, chemical seals, gas actuated thermometers, chart recorders, dead weight testers, mud gauges and pressure test units. In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of pressure transmitters, temperature sensors, digital indicators and related electronic products.
We are small enough to allow a rapid response to customer’s special requirements (customised dials, special executions, etc.) whilst large enough to deliver on a timely basis.
Our 316 SS case mechanical chart recorders have been designed to give a reliable and continued, long-term performance with dependable accuracy, primarily for use in the (offshore) oil and gas industry or in any application with extreme weather and corrosive conditions.
IFG de Wit BV
- Portable version or yoke mounting (2in pipe) available
- Single, two and three pen pressure and temperature recording
- Available with 6in circular charts (model 4892SS), 9in circular charts (model 4888SS) or 10in-12in circular charts (model 4870SS)
- Recording with disposable feltpens which can be replaced without mess
- Mechanical, battery operated and electric chart drive options
- Window laminated safety glass, scratch proof, 3mm uniform thickness
- Intrinsically safe version available
- Easy installation and maintenance requirement
Stainless steel chart recorder with helical elements
De Wit is pleased to announce it has a new 12in chart recorder model P-12 (for pressure) / T-12 (for temperature). The new De Wit model has many of the same features as the existing 12in charts recorder model 4870SS shown above (316 SS case material, various mounting styles, clock options, etc), but there is one important feature: the pressure measuring system includes a 316 SS helical type precision-wound element.
As with the De Wit model 4870SS, this new model can be calibrated to accommodate existing circular 12in charts of, for example, Bristol or ITT Barton/Cameron.
- Outline dimensions 336mm × 463mm × 150mm
- Wall mount, panel mount, portable or yoke mount (2in pipe)
- Case material stainless-steel AISI 316, weatherproof
- Pressure element made by De Wit; 316 SS helical type precision-wound element
- Recording with disposable feltpen on 12in recorder chart
- Window laminated safety glass, scratch proof – special window brackets
- For pressure, P-12 series – minimum range of 0-500psi, maximum range of 0-30,000psi
- For temperature, T-12 series – minimum range of -170°C, maximum range of 600°C; minimum temperature span of 60°C
- Single, two, three and four pen recording options
PELI™ case 8in chart recorder
Why a PELI™ case 8in chart recorder?
PELI™ cases are made of ultra high-impact structural copolymer. They are watertight, dust-proof, chemical-resistant, corrosion-proof and extremely strong and durable. PELI™ case recorders are not a De Wit innovation. Chart recorders within this type of housing have been on the market for more than 35 years.
The company has recently decided to add this version to their scope of manufacture in reply to the specific request of some of their customers. They requested a recorder within a PELI™ case housing but with the quality and reliability of a De Wit recorder. The parts used in the PELI™ case recorder 4888T/1888T are the same parts that are used in the version with the 316 SS case.
If of interest we can easily convert an existing 316 SS case 8in chart recorder into a PELI™ recorder model 4888P.
Dead weight testers
The operation of dead weight testers is based on the principle of balancing known weights against the force produced by an unknown pressure action on a hydraulic piston of known area. When these forces reach equilibrium and balance the unknown pressure equals the total of the weights and piston.
De Wit dead weight testers incorporate a built-in pump for generating pressure and can be used for checking spring gauges, calibrating bourdon gauges, recorders, transmitters or other instruments, pressure testing small vessels, and measuring gas pressure with high accuracy.
- Brass weights (optional stainless steel weights)
- Measuring units psi, bar, kPa or kg/cm²
- Supplied with metal carrying case(s)
Portable version with an accuracy of +/- 0.1% of rated pressure: pressure ranges from 500psi up to and including 15,000psi.
Laboratory version with an accuracy of +/- 0.05% (optional +/- 0.03%) of rated pressure: pressure ranges from 500psi up to and including 20,000 psi, electric motor drive 220V (optional 110V).
High pressure laboratory dead weight tester with an accuracy of +/- 0.1% for very high pressures: 25,000psi, 35,000psi and 40,000psi.
The De Wit stainless-steel mud gauge is an own-designed instrument for accurate indication when cementing, fracturing, acidizing or gravel packing. The case is made of a heavy rugged 316 SS construction, designed with a safety factory in excess of normal requirements. The entire bottom is also made of 316 SS.
A 2in connection allows direct mounting to any 2in NPT fitting on pump or well head:
- For pressures up to 15,000psi (or metric equivalents)
- Heavy duty all 316 SS execution for rugged circumstances
- Big true view pointer – no guesswork
- Large, fully visible dial – easier to read than fixed pointer gauges
- Affordable, cost-effective solution for monitoring mud pressure
With its original reservoirs gradually depleting, Conoco has begun to carry out substantial changes to extend Viking B's field life well into the next century.
PM International Suppliers, a long-time supplier of pipes and pipe fittings to the oil and gas industry, will be attending the Offshore Europe 2013 conference and exhibition in Aberdeen, UK in October.
Heerema Hartlepool, one of the fabrication locations of Heerema Fabrication Group (HFG), has been awarded a contract to fabricate and load out two substation platform topsides for the Sheringham Shoal offshore wind farm by AREVA T&D UK on behalf of owners Statoil and Statkraft. Earl