Since 1989 Sormec has designed and developed lifting appliances specifically for the production of shipboard cranes and offshore cranes. Our marine cranes are particularly suited for use as deck cranes, service cranes, rescue cranes, cargo cranes, man-riding cranes and fishing cranes.
Shipboard and offshore cranes
The design of Sormec’s shipboard and offshore cranes has been developed with consideration to the stresses, load conditions and environment of marine operations. The shipboard cranes are designed according to DIN 15018 H2/B3, offshore cranes according to API 2C regulations, rescue boat davits according to IMO/SOLAS codes and man-riding cranes according to EN 13852-1. All of our products are certified with leading classification societies, including ABS, LRS, GL, DNV, RINA, BV, CCS and RMRS, and others upon request.
Fixed boom, telescopic boom, knuckle boom, foldable and rescue boat cranes
Sormec offers a range of cranes, which can be categorized into the following six groups: fixed boom cranes, telescopic boom cranes, knuckle boom cranes, EL knuckle boom cranes, complete foldable cranes and rescue boat cranes.
Customer-specific shipboard and offshore cranes
Our wide range of shipboard and offshore cranes can be made to specific customer requirements and satisfies all of the necessities of a rather complex business field. Thanks to the continuous research carried out by our technical staff, we are able to equip our cranes with technologies that protect them from the rough sea environment. All cranes include:
- Crane columns connected to the crane basement by means of slewing ring and motor reduction gears
- Electrical equipment with standard IP55 protection
- Limit switch for winch up and down movement in IP66-67
- Continuous rotation (can also be limited with limit switch or mechanical block)
- Rotating hydraulic distributor
- Special protection against corrosion for piston rods, with thickness from 60µm to 80µm; all materials used are seawater resistant
- Load-holding valves "overcenter" on lifting and extension boom cylinder
- Load hook with safety block for operation in carbon-based steel GSC
- Pipes and fittings conform with ISO 8434-1 (DIN 2353)
- Hoses conform with EN 856/ EN 857
- All steel components grit-blasted in SA2.5 according to the ISO8501-1 (DIN55928) standard
- Special seawater-resistant, three-layer marine paint finish (of an International Marine Coatings grey colour) with a total dry thickness from 300µm to 350µm; before painting, the crane and all components are thoroughly washed to clean all surfaces from oil and dust, guaranteeing maximum paint adhesion
- Welding carried out by qualified welders in accordance with the Lloyd’s Register of shipping
- Welding controlled with methods MT and UT exanimate by a qualified second-level person from RINA, according to UNI EN 473 and ISO 9712 rules and SNT, TC and 1A recommendations
- The control position of the crane is fixed on the rotating turret
Sormec’s cranes can be supplied with a wide range of accessories, including EX proofing, man riding, polar temperature, wave compensation systems and more.
ISO 9001-certified offshore cranes and lifting appliances
Sormec’s quality assurance system is certified to ISO 9001:2008 and UNI EN ISO 14001, in addition to the Vision rules verified and accredited by the Lloyd’s Register quality assurance. All products made by Sormec are checked with dimensional test and NDT controls. The level of quality of the products and the services provided are constantly checked and improved to guarantee the customer’s full satisfaction.
Global customer support
Sormec’s customer service and after-sales service is guaranteed by a wide network of agents throughout the world. Our Italian technicians are available worldwide, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.