Welaptega Marine, world leader in risk-based mooring integrity verification, has been invited to make a guest presentation Wednesday, 17 October at the Petronas Caigali seminar on managing risk on aging offshore assets. The seminar is being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tony Hall, Welaptega founder and CEO, will be speaking on lifecycle inspections on mooring lines on FPSOs, FSUs and semi-submersible floating structures.
"Aging infrastructure is a significant challenge across the offshore oil and gas sector," Hall said. "This seminar shows how seriously Petronas is taking this issue and the importance of infrastructure integrity management."
The seminar brings Petronas together with its production partners and world experts in the area of integrity management in the offshore oil and gas sector. In addition to Mr. Hall, the seminar guest speakers will feature:
- Chuon-Szen Ong, Technical Director for BPP-Tech in London speaking on Subsea structures – fixed structures / umbilicals / risers
- Doug Hamer with NRG Well Services who will speak on managing ageing wells – problems and interventions
- Dr. Gareth John of Intertek CAPCIS who will speak on corrosion / ageing of structures
- Ian Partridge of the Welding Institute speaking on structures / pipelines – ageing, monitoring, inspections and constraints
- James Miller of ACE Global Energy will speak on International Perspectives on ageing structures / corporate issues