The Zabazaba and the Etan fields are located in oil prospecting lease (OPL) 245 offshore Nigeria in the Niger Delta of the Gulf of Guinea, in water depths ranging from 1,200m-2,400m.
Oil and Industrial Services (OIS) was incorporated in 1986 to serve the oil industry. Quickly establishing a reputation for reliability, quality services, efficient personnel and excellent equipment, the company has been able to expand its activities considerably over the past 15 years to become one of West Africa’s leading contractors, equipment suppliers and project management teams.
Today the company owns modern fabrication workshops and office buildings, storage depots, heavy machinery, and equipment plus a fleet of offshore vessels covering anchor handling, towing, offshore supply, crew transfer, offshore accommodation and offshore crane facilities. The OIS group employs around 400 personnel and is proud to include major companies such as Chevron, Shell, Mobile, AGIP and other world-renowned companies within its client base.
Oil and Industrial Services provides the following quality services to the West African oil and industrial sectors:
- Leasing, servicing and sale of generators and compressors
- Steel construction and machine shop facilities
- Maintenance of wellhead platforms on land, swamp and offshore
- Corrosion protection, inspection and control
- Maintenance of process equipment, pumps, power generators, air compressors, etc
- Construction of storage tanks and other large vessels
- Maintenance, repair and sale of Woodward Governors
- Extensive marine and diving services
Oil and Industrial Services
OIS owns a wide range of power generating plants, fork-lifts, cranes and other industrial equipment available for hire with our trained operators. All equipment is maintained by the company.
Construction and steel fabrication
OIS’ in-house workshops are equipped with modern machinery for steel fabrications to clients’ specifications. Our workshop and fabrication services include:
- Engineering, consultancy and design
- Steel fabrication and repairs
- Anti-corrosion treatment – sandblasting and painting facilities
- Press tool design and production
- Rubberizing of drums
- Pipe coating and wrapping
- Fabrication and installation of pressure vessels
- Fabrication and installation of crude oil and water tanks
- Construction and installation of radio masts
OIS also offers a wide range of offshore services including sand blasting and painting of offshore and inshore rigs, jackets, tanks and marine hulls and maintenance of offshore wellhead or production platforms.
Along with the fabrication, installation, maintenance and upgrading of pipelines / flowlines in swamp locations, OIS can also provide rehabilitation and upgrading of existing gas jetties, wellhead platforms in offshore or swamp locations, or of flowstations and gas plants.
Field engineering for the oil and gas industry
With qualified technicians, OIS is able to offer a very comprehensive range of support services to the oil, gas and related industries including mechanical engineering support services, refurbishment and maintenance of engines, maintenance of EMSCO, National and all types of centrifugal pumps, and pipeline pigging.
Flowline construction and quality surveillance, monitoring and inspection services, sand blasting and painting of onshore structures, relief valves change-outs, and statutory inspections and de-sanding can also be provided to the highest standards.
Offshore vessels for lease
A number of barges, tugboats, ferries, crew boats and cranes are also available for lease. OIS are owners and operators of the following offshore vessels:
- 850hp supply / standby / survey vessel
- 2,000hp supply / standby / survey vessel
- 4,400hp supply / standby / anchor handling vessel
- 5,000 DWT ocean going barge with helideck, 200t capacity crane and accommodation for up to 90 personnel
- Crew boats
All vessels based at Port Harcourt with trading limits in the Senegal / Cape Town range.