Alligin and Vorlich fields are two offshore oilfields in the North Sea, UK, that are being developed as satellite fields by BP and its partners.
Since 1995, Subtech has specialised in the provision of world-class marine and subsea services throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
The Subtech Group is based in Durban, South Africa, and has wholly owned subsidiaries registered in Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia and Tanzania, and is currently engaged in incorporation in Angola.
With operational bases across all of these countries, our geographic footprint enables us to offer clients cost-effective solutions to all their marine related requirements.
Backing up our operational experience is ISO 9001:2008 certification, as well as full membership with the International Maritime Contractor’s Association (IMCA).
Our services are incorporated within the following divisions:
- Subsea cable
Subtech enjoys a number of strategic alliances with major industry players, providing an extended resource to our service offerings.
We also have a strong track record in the industry and support numerous clients, such as Anadarko, Subsea 7, Oceaneering, Technip, SAIPEM, NPCC, Shell, BP, Worley Parsons, Maersk, Svitzer, Smit / Boskalis, Titan, EB&H, Dormac and DCD.
Oil and gas offshore services
Subtech is focused on providing excellent service to our valued oil and gas sector clients, with the following offerings available throughout Africa:
- Subsea installation and construction support (air and saturation diving) for offshore operations, including dedicated project management
- Inspection services (inspection diving and rope access NDT technicians)
- Pipelay support and stinger check teams
- Ships husbandry to oil field support and supply, hull and propeller cleaning
- Decommissioning of subsea oil and gas infrastructures
- IRM programmes
- Subsea emergency call-out services, priding ourselves on our ability to respond quickly to support subsea workscopes in sub-equatorial Africa
- Subsea technical and logistical services
- Cable laying
- Diver manpower supply (subsea air and saturation teams)
- Plant hire (diving and subsea tooling systems)
Emergency response, wreck removal and decommissioning
Subtech’s salvage division has established itself as a reliable and cost-effective emergency response service provider with standby teams on call 24/7.
In an industry where time often equates to enormous financial loss, our geographic footprint, strong local networks and diverse spread of resources, manpower and experience enables us to attend to all marine casualties promptly.
Subtech boasts an impressive résumé of salvage experience, including LOFs, refloating grounded vessels, pollution control and wreck removal.
Subtech’s inspections division offers a wide range of non-destructive testing (NDT) and inspection services, with particular experience in special surveys and class renewal surveys. The company is accredited with all of the major classification societies.
Our reports are colour-coded and easy to understand, including detailed photographs facilitating first-hand assessment of the condition of the structure under inspection. Our aim is to ensure that our clients are equipped with all the information necessary to make informed decisions regarding their assets.
We are able to offer all of the following services:
- Rope access (RA)
- Ultrasonic thickness measurements (UTM)
- Dye-penetrant inspection (PT)
- Anchor chain calibration (AC)
- Vacuum box testing (VT)
- Confined space atmospheric testing (GD)
- Magnetic particle inspection (MPI)
- Radiographic texting (X-ray) (RT)
- Ultrasonic flaw
Inshore diving services
Subtech’s diving division has an outstanding reputation in both the shipping and the inshore marine construction industries. We are widely known as a dependable and professional service provider and are accredited by all the major class societies.
Our equipment is portable and we offer various designs to ensure easy transport by road, sea or air, thereby enabling our dive teams to quickly and effectively service customers anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa.
Subtech’s shipping services include:
- Underwater repairs
- Sealing and blanking
- General marine maintenance and cleaning
- CCTV UWILD surveys
- VP propeller blade changes
- Propeller cropping
- Coffer dams
- Dry dock extension surveys
Subtech’s inshore diving services include:
- Underwater construction
- Pipeline installation, inspection and maintenance
- Fibre optic shore end installations
- Underwater demolition
- Underwater cutting and welding
- Inspections and surveys
- Marine support
- Dam maintenance
The Liberator oil and gas field lies in block 13/23d of production licence P1987, which is situated roughly 120km off the shore of Aberdeen in the North Sea, UK.
The Snorre expansion (SEP) project is a proposed expansion of the Snorre field located in blocks 34/4 and 34/7 of the Tampen area, approximately 200km west of Florø in the Norwegian North Sea.
10 Rotterdam Rd
24 Shropshire Street
PO Box 2924
Walvis Bay, 9000
Wilsons Wharf, Rua do Porto no 1
PO Box 220
Rua da Educação Nº 38
Maputo - Matola
PO Box 1136
Level 2, Max City Building
Remy Ollier St, Port Louis