Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 16.00% in deal activity during November 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by BGF Retail’s $152.96m acquisition of 44.3% stake in Kopla, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 21 oil & gas industry deals worth $294.9m were announced for the region in November 2021, against the 12-month average of 25 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2021 with 13 transactions, representing a 61.9% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with six deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 28.6% and 9.5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry with $207.78m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $87.09m.
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 94.04% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $277.29m, against the overall value of $294.9m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BGF Retail $152.96m acquisition deal for 44.3% stake in Kopla
2) The $78.37m venture financing of Suzhou Saifen Technology by CPE Yuanfeng,Ganli Pharmaceutical,Hillhouse Ventures,Kexing Holdings,Sherpa Investment and Sinopharm Capital Management
3) Firmenich $21.34m acquisition deal with S H Kelkar andLimited
4) The $15.62m acquisition of Gaomi Tongli Sugar by Zhejiang Huakang Pharmaceutical
5) Cabot $9m acquisition deal with Tokai Carbon (Tianjin)