Total oil & gas industry deals worth $22.6bn were announced globally for November 2021, with the $6bn acquisition of Master Builders Solutions Deutschland being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 8.7% over the previous month of $24.75bn and a rise of 18.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.11bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.25% with 105 deals in November 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 112 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $11.95bn in November 2021.
oil & gas industry deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 76.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $17.36bn, against the overall value of $22.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sika $6bn acquisition deal with Master Builders Solutions Deutschland
2) The $5.2bn acquisition of Rogers by DuPont de Nemours
3) JERA Americas $2.5bn acquisition deal for 25.7% stake in Freeport LNG Development
4) The $1.85bn acquisition of GEP Haynesville by Southwestern Energy
5) Vitol Holding $1.81bn acquisition deal with Vivo Energy