Total oil & gas industry deals worth $22.6bn were announced globally for November 2021, with the $6bn acquisition of Master Builders Solutions Deutschland being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 8.7% over the previous month of $24.75bn and a rise of 18.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.11bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.25% with 105 deals in November 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 112 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $11.95bn in November 2021.
oil & gas industry deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 76.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $17.36bn, against the overall value of $22.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sika $6bn acquisition deal with Master Builders Solutions Deutschland
2) The $5.2bn acquisition of Rogers by DuPont de Nemours
3) JERA Americas $2.5bn acquisition deal for 25.7% stake in Freeport LNG Development
4) The $1.85bn acquisition of GEP Haynesville by Southwestern Energy
5) Vitol Holding $1.81bn acquisition deal with Vivo Energy