Stork Technical Services, the leading global provider of knowledge-based asset integrity services for the oil...
The ultimate goal of a (private) company is creating value and generating profit in a short and longterm perspective. The way in which asset management contributes to the overall business objectives must be made explicit to the shareholders and to other stakeholders.
There is a strong link between asset management goals and financial indicators such as EVA (economic value added) and/or ROCE (return on capital employed). The assets' output and the total cost of ownership directly influence a company's turnover, profit and capital employed. In industrial companies, six main asset management goals can be distinguished:
- Asset - output: generating the correct number of 'conform' and 'quality' products at the right time. In many industrial companies, asset output is expressed by OEE (overall equipment effectiveness
- Asset - input: management of input losses and optimisation: energy losses, (raw) materials, labour / overhead (e.g. extra activities due to limited function of the asset)
- Asset integrity and compliance: - meet the requirements for safety, health and environment; comply with (internal and external) rules and legislation
- Asset lifetime: achieve the required lifespan of the assets
- Costs: achieve above requirements at optimal cost in the short and long term (in the perspective of lifecycle cost and risk management)
- Innovation and improvement: continuous improvement of assets and asset management
For more information please download this free white paper.
The growing interest in asset management can be traced to various companies' increased interest in...
Stork Technical Services and Al-Rashed Group for Projects Sign Agreement to Expand Their Services in Kuwait
Stork Technical Services, a global provider of knowledge-based asset integrity services, and Al-Rashed Group for...
Stork Technical Services, the leading global provider of knowledge-based asset integrity management services for the...