View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
January 12, 2021updated 28 Jul 2022 12:02pm

Neptune awards management and maintenance contracts for Cygnus gas facility

Neptune Energy has awarded integrity management and fabric maintenance contracts for its Cygnus gas production platform in the UK North Sea.

By Himaja Ganta

Neptune Energy has awarded integrity management and fabric maintenance contracts for its Cygnus gas production platform in the UK North Sea.

The contracts have been awarded to subsea engineering company Oceaneering and Fluor’s diversified services segment Stork.

They have been awarded on a three-year agreement basis, with options to extend to two additional one-year contracts.

The total value of the contracts awarded to both the companies is valued at about $6.5m.

As part of the contract awarded to Oceaneering, the subsea engineering company will supply integrity management services.

These cover pressure systems, structural, pipeline, erosion management as well as offshore inspection services.

Meanwhile, Stork will deliver provide maintenance and scaffolding services for Cygnus.

Neptune Energy UK managing director Alexandra Thomas said: “We are pleased to be awarding these contracts to Oceaneering and Stork, which demonstrates our commitment to supporting service partners and to maximising efficiency. Combining the scopes of work for our Cygnus production facility within a broader agreement creates additional synergies and reduces complexity.”

The Cygnus gas field is situated within UK Continental Shelf blocks 44/12a and 44/11a in 23m of water.

It is the crucial component of the UK North Sea energy infrastructure and can produce about 6% of domestic gas demand in the UK.

The field is operated by Neptune Energy, which also owns a 38.75% stake. Spirit Energy holds the remaining 61.25% stake.

Stork UK regional director Steve Hunt said: “We are delighted to have secured this key Industrial Services contract with Neptune Energy and look forward to further growing our relationship and working closely with our valued client and partner.

“It has been a challenging year for the industry and our global communities; to be awarded this contract demonstrates our place in the supply chain, as well as a true reflection of Stork’s dedication to being a trusted service partner to Neptune.”

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology