Mediterranean Oil & Gas‘s daily production has quadrupled from 40,000m3 to 160,000m3, following the start of gas production at its Guendalina gas field, offshore Italy.

The field’s aggregate gross gas production is approximately 630,000m3, representing 120,000m3 net.

Eni holds an 80% stake in the field, which has independently certified 2P gas reserves of 22 billion cubic feet, while Mediterranean Oil & Gas holds the remaining 20%.

Mediterranean Oil & Gas and Fugro-Geoteam are to acquire 1,000km2 of long, offset, 3D seismic exploration data at Area 4, offshore Malta.

Mediterranean Oil & Gas has 90% stake under the Malta PSC through its wholly owned subsidiaries Malta Oil and Phoenicia Energy, while Leni Gas & Oil Investments owns the remaining 10% stake.