French oil and gas company TotalEnergies has formed an operational partnership with Omani company Abraj Energy Services (Abraj).

Under the alliance, Abraj will provide drilling services in the concession area of Block 12 onshore Oman.

The companies plan to drill two key gas exploration wells in the block.

Block 12, which covers 10,000km², is situated to the south of the Greater Barik region, which includes the Mabrouk North East and Mabrouk West fields, and in the northern portion of Block 6.

Seismic acquisition and drilling agreements are part of the French oil company’s exploration programme in Block 12.

As the operator, TotalEnergies holds an 80% stake in Block 12 and the remaining 20% is held by Thai natural gas company PTT Exploration and Production Public Company.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

TotalEnergies Oman Country Chair Sergio Giorgi said: “We are excited to announce TotalEnergies’ first operational contract in Oman, in partnership with Abraj Energy Services. This shows our commitment to unlock more gas reserves that will play a pivotal role in the Sultanate’s future gas exports.

“Collaborating with Abraj, renowned for their excellence in the oil and gas sector, aligns perfectly with our strategic objectives and our commitment to supporting the growth of Oman’s energy sector.”

Abraj Energy Services CEO Saif Al-Hamhami said: “This strategic contract with TotalEnergies not only marks their operational entry into the Omani market as operators, but also underscores Oman’s role in attracting foreign investment and Abraj’s competitive edge in delivering internationally recognised drilling and well maintenance services.

“This collaboration is set to enhance Oman’s oil and gas potential, bolstering national energy security and economic growth.”

Last month, TotalEnergies extended its partnership with Oman LNG, a liquified natural gas joint venture.