SK408 gas fields development project is located within the SK408 Production Sharing Contract (PSC) area, approximately 120km offshore Sarawak in…
Bien Dong 1 Project involves the joint development of the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach gas fields situated in the Nam Con Son basin, offshore of southern Vietnam. The fields are located at a water depth of about 140m.
Moc Tinh gas field is located in block 05.3, while the Hai Thach gas and condensate field is located in blocks 05.2 and 05.3, about 340km south-east of Vung Tau.
The fields are being developed by Bien Dong Petroleum Operating Company (BDPOC), which holds a 51% interest in the development. The remaining 49% shares in the project are held by Gazprom.
The combined reserves of the two Vietnamese fields are estimated at 55.6 billion cubic metres of gas and 25.1 million tonnes of gas condensate. The fields are expected to start production in 2013.
Developing the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach gas fields
The Strategic Partnership Agreement for operations in the Vietnamese offshore blocks was signed by the operators of the field in December 2009. The development of the current two fields falls under this agreement and the plan for the joint development of the two fields was confirmed in April 2010.
The development of the fields will involve the construction of 16 production wells, at depths ranging from 2,000 to 4,600m. The production from the fields will be transferred onshore via the existing Nam Con Son trunkline.
The development of the field incorporates the installation of pipelines measuring 70km and subsea cables measuring 21km.
Bien Dong 1 FSO details
The Heads of Agreement (HOA) for the supply of the FSO was signed between the PTSC and BDPOC in February 2010. A $105m loan agreement for the construction of the FSO was signed in September 2011 by PTSC and its partners, comprising of Yinson Holdings Berhad, United Oversea Bank Limited (UOB) and Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (OCBC).
The keel for the FSO was laid in May 2012. The load-out and sail-away ceremony for the jacket of the central processing platform was held in June 2012.
The FSO named as the FSO PTSC Biendong 01, includes a central processing platform (PQP-HT) with a living platform capable of accommodating 70 people onboard, two wellhead platforms, namely Hai Thach 1 (HT1) and Moc Tinh 1 (MT1), three jackets (PQP-HT, WHP-MT1 and WHP-HT1) and a link bridge. The FSO has a length of 171.5m and a breadth of 32.4m. It weighs 60,000t and has a storage capacity of 350,000 barrels per day.
The topsides for both Moc Tinh and Hai Thach weigh 2,400t each, while the topside of the PQP-HT weigh 12,000t and its jacket weighs 10,000t.
Contractors for Vietnam’s Bien Dong 1 offshore project
The FEED (Front End Engineering Design) and detailed design works for the project were provided by Worley Parsons.
The Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) facility for the project was constructed by PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation (PTSC). The construction of the FSO was subcontracted to Sungdong Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering under a contract worth KRW 70bn ($64m). The upending frames for the FSO were provided by IHC Merwede.
GE Oil & Gas Drilling and Production Systems (Vetco Gray) is supplying up to 16 sets of high pressure, high temperature (HPHT) surface wellhead and christmas trees, including ancillary equipment for the project, under a contract valued at $30m.
Honeywell is providing an integrated process control system comprising of the company’s Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS), with C300 controller and foundation Fieldbus, and safety manager for the central processing platform.
The design and fabrication of the swivel, welding necks and hangar flanges, including a symmetrical piggable wye piece, was carried out by Foritex. The tie-back and jacking services during the construction of the PQP-HT jacket were provided by OSC Tech in collaboration with Mamoet.
Van Dam provided 98 internal and external A60 fire rated doors, 15 pieces of A60 windows, 1,500m² of internal partition panels and 400m² of H60 wall insulation for the PQP-HT jacket. The materials comprise of stainless steel and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) coated galvanised steel.
Scaffolding works, including sand blasting and painting works for the WHP-HT1 jacket, were carried out by Namtien-Truong Vinh. KTLgroup supplied eight KimFlex Ultra Short Grommets.
The Dai Hung oilfield lies at a water depth of 361ft offshore Vietnam.
The Chim Sao field is located in blocks 12W and 12E, which lie at a water depth of 377ft, 400km offshore Vietnam.
Platina is a deepwater oil field located at a water depth of approximately 1,300ft in Block 18, offshore Angola. Block…
United Oil and Gas’ Colibri prospect is located in the Walton Basin of the Walton Morant licence area, offshore Jamaica.…