The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) has announced 15 technologies that will receive the 2011 Spotlight on New Technology Awards, recognising innovative new products that provide significant impact for offshore exploration and production. The awards will be presented at 4pm on Monday 2 May at OTC, which takes place on 2-5 May at Reliant Park in Houston.
The Spotlight on New Technology program gives exhibitors an opportunity to gain visibility for their latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies at the world’s largest event for the development of offshore resources. Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
- New – less than two years old
- Innovative – original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionising the offshore E&P industry
- Proven – through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad interest – broad appeal for the industry
- Significant impact – provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
“The Spotlight awards have become a highlight of OTC because they focus attention on the innovative and advanced technology that enables the oil and gas industry to find and produce offshore resources in extreme conditions and deepwater environments. This year’s award recipients represent a broad range of technologies and solutions. We congratulate our 15 recipients,” said Susan Cunningham, 2011 OTC chairman.