Twin Filter has extended its product range with the dynamic centrifugal coalescer, which improves the performance of produced water separation systems.
The size of oil droplets is very crucial in any oil water separation system. We developed a non-plugging dynamic centrifugal coalescer to increase the oil droplets from a few microns to over hundred. This allows for ‘traditional’ separation devices to remove the oil from the water at a very high efficiency.
The dynamic centrifugal coalescer is a combination of centrifugal forces and coalescing effect. An element (core), consisting of thousands of tubes (pore size 0.4mm – 1.4mm), is brought into rotation. The multi-phase liquid with different mass-densities passes through the core.
Because of the centrifugal forces, the droplets of the discontinuous phase coalesce on the walls of the tubes. Oil droplets that are less than 5µ increase up to 200µ. The DCC is a non-plugging coalescing technology and a proven solution for increasing the performance of produced water treatment.
Some benefits of the coalescer include:
- Straightforward centrifugal pump technology
- No absorbers, chemicals or consumables needed
- Collects droplets down to 1µ
- Performs under varying conditions, with respect to volume flow, pressure, temperature, specific gravity and oil concentration
- Applicable for all oil / water separators (hydrocyclones, IGF, DAF, CPI, etc.)
- Compact design
- Allows for steep increase of hydraulic capacity of separators
- Three models cover capacity range up to 200m²/hr (30.000 BWPD)
- Ability to perform low cost, non-disruptive testing
- Limited capex and opex requirements
- Tolerant to high motion operation (FPSOs)
- Long operating life
- Minimal maintenance requirement
The dynamic centrifugal coalescer can be used in new systems for produced water but you can also upgrade existing systems. Other applications include well testing, run-off water / bilge water, slopwater treatment, Frac fluids and wastewater clean up.