voestalpine Grobblech TM Steels For Marine and Offshore Applications
Voestalpine Grobblech is among the pioneers in the field of the development of TM steels. We offer our customers a comprehensive range of products for various applications: structural steels, pressure vessel steels, line pipe steels, offshore structural steels, shipbuilding plates, case-hardening steels and heat-treatable steels.
Line pipe steels
In compliance with the state-of-the-art, line pipes for oil and gas, transport today is almost exclusively produced from thermo mechanically rolled plates. One of the most modern cooling plants is available for rapid cooling of TM rolled steels.
We supply line pipe steels in accordance with all applicable standards and special specifications:
- API B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, X80, X100
- L254MB, L290MB, L360MB, L415MB, L450MB, L485MB, L555MB
- HIC-resistant line pipe steels in accordance with NACE TM 0284 Solution A and B
All of the steel grades can be delivered after performance of the notch-impact test and Battelle test (BDWTT) at temperatures below 0°C.
Offshore structural steels
We deliver weldable structural steels for stationary offshore structures in accordance with EN 10225, BS 7191, API 2H, API 2W, API 2Y, API 2MT1, as well as various national standards.
We deliver high-strength and higher-strength shipbuilding steels in accordance with IACS as well as the specifications of the following classification societies:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Bureau Veritas (BV)
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Germanischer Lloyd (GL)
- Lloyd’s Register of Shipping (LR)
- Registro Italiano Navale (RINA)
- USSR Register
Unalloyed and alloyed case hardening and heat-treatable steels
We deliver case-hardening steels in accordance with EN 10184 and heat-treatable steels in accordance with EN 10083. As-delivered condition includes as-rolled, normalized or quenched and tempered.
- Rolling width – 4,150mm, 163in
- Plate width commissioned – 3,950mm, 155in
- Rolling length max – 30,000mm, 98ft
- Plate length commissioned max – 18,000mm, 60ft
- Min – 5mm, 3/16in
- Max – 130mm, 5 1/4in